- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the pineapple slice.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Let it get hot. Put one tablespoon of butter in the skillet and the pineapples. Grill on each side about 90 seconds. Remove to a plate. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Start building the sandwich to grill.
- On the unbuttered side of one slice, put the pepperjack cheese slices. Add the seared pineapple slices. Add the cheddar cheese slices. Top with the greens.
- Put the whipped cream cheese on the unbuttered side of the top slice of bread (yes, your hand will get some butter on it from the other side). Place the whipped cream side on top of the greens (this will ‘glue’ the greens in place, too).
- Cover the sandwich with a lid for about 60-75 seconds or until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Carefully flip the sandwich with a spatula. Press down gently with a somewhat flexible egg flipper. Cover with the lid for about 60-90 seconds or until the bottom bread is crispy golden brown.
- Optional: Add more arugula greens to the sandwich by stuffing in/around the sandwich.
- Remove to a cutting board. Slice at an angle. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you want to add a protein like deli sliced smoked ham, turkey or another meat, that’s also an option. Fold over the meat slices and place on top the cream cheese when grilling.