- Make the pancakes
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl, forming a well in the center.
- Add the milk, egg and rum, stirring to combine.
- Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat or heat a griddle to 350°F.
- Pour 1/3 cup pancake batter onto the warmed pan, forming a circle.
- Once bubbles start to form in the batter and a lip forms around the edge, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until you've used up all of the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden, tossing often during baking.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, coconut milk and pineapple juice to form a thin glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the pancakes and garnish with toasted coconut.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time30 min