- Open & drain mandarin oranges reserving the liquid. Place salmon in a shallow glass dish. Prick flesh with a fork , drizzle on one-fourth cup of the mandarin juice and about one teaspoon each salt/pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the gas grill to 400. Coat a skillet with cooking spray and put one and one-half cups of the mandarin oranges in. Place skillet on medium hot grill blaze and sauté five minutes. Put six green onions on the hot grill, turn and cook until they are charred. Chop onions into pieces. Put oranges & onions into a food processor and blend. Put mixture in a saucepan and heat on a medium high blaze on grill.
- Add to this saucepan the remaining mandarin juice, sweet and spicy sauce, marmalade, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir occasionally and let this cook about 20-30 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise and blend. Slice the remaining green onions/tops and add to sauce.
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Heat to 400. Place salmon (skin side up first) on grill and cook on each side about 4-5 minutes. Remove & let cool slightly. Remove bottom skin. Break salmon into random chunks. Put in a large mixing bowl. Add celery and toss. Drizzle the thickened sauce over salmon/celery and toss.
- Put equal amounts of chow mein noodles on small plates. Top with equal amounts of the salmon mixture and the remaining drained mandarin orange slices. Chiffonade slice the 2 green onions and use as garnish atop the salmon.
Prep Time25 min
Cook Time45 min